Monday, April 8, 2013

"Slipping Away" by Sandra McMartin: APAC

One of our own Club members, Sandra McMartin has a Gallery showing with the Mission Arts Council. We hope you can all come and enjoy her work.

"I am captivated by graffiti artists. Most art is about leaving a legacy, something permanent, to give voice to an inner vision that you want to share and be remembered by. Graffiti is more akin to digital photography, transient unless transferred to a more permanent medium. Most art is protected by copyright, but graffiti is interactive. Someone paints something, someone adds something else, maybe things peel away and a new image is born. It is never stagnant. The art is the process, not the finished product."


I hope you can join me at the Mission Art Gallery on May 4th, 2013 from 1-4pm. I would welcome the opportunity to share with you my love of graffiti and photography. If you are interested in viewing more of my work please visit my web-site at smunited.smugmug.com."     -Sandra McMartin



No comments:

Post a Comment